Thursday 22 June 2017

Marry, Kiss, Cliff (Sarah J. Maas version)

Game time! A new sort of blog post! I saw another blogger playing this game and I've never played it so I thought I'd do my own version. On the same blog, I saw cliff replacing kill which gave it a more humorous vibe so I thought I'd follow suit.

Aaaand, as I'm a massive fan of Sarah J. Maas books and currently reading A Court of Wings and Ruin, I thought I'd theme it up accordingly. SO, I asked Twitter to give me some names and then I asked two friends, who gave me really hard choices. So, here are my decisions:

Celaena, Dorian, Nehemia -

I actually struggled over this one. I love all three of those characters; one meets an unfortunate fate anyway so I'm NOT doing to do them bad by chucking them off a cliff. I'd push Celaena off a cliff, just to see her climb back up (because let's face it, she probably would be able to, DID YOU READ THAT SCENE WHERE SHE HAD TO SCALE THE PALACE IN THRONE OF GLASS???!). Don't get me wrong, I'd run away fast when I pushed her because she'd KILL me but I do truly believe that if she can survive all she does in the books, she can handle a cliff dive. (I'm being nice, okay?)

I'd kiss Dorian because he's kissed a lot of girls so I think it'd be really nice to have a kiss off him and he'd probably make it enjoyable and lingering. Also, he's a prince. I'd definitely kiss him.

And I'd marry Nehemia. She's so beautifully described and like she'd be a really good queen alone but having a partnership with her would be so powerful and amazing. I'd definitely want to be Nehemia's love.

Cassian, Helion, Lucien -

This one is a little harder as I've not yet met Helion in A Court of Wings and Ruin BUT I've read so much about him on the internet and through my friend who has already read it. Still... I'd marry Cassian because I ADORE Cassian and he could fly with me, and also kiss me miles above ground and twirl me around in the air and make it scary and cute. I'd kiss Lucien just to know what would happen to be honest. And I'd push Helion off a cliff (which seems bad because I don't truly know him and I may regret making this decision) to see that if he knocked his head, would any weird thoughts get rearranged about the trio in the Inner Circle. *laughing-crying face*.

I thought, push Cassian off a cliff, he can fly but I'm not doing my favourite male in the book wrong like that and I wouldn't marry Helion or Lucien sooooo.

Beron, Tamlin, King of Hybern -

gODDAMIT. Well, I did ask for three characters my friend hated from the books.

Okay, I'd push Beron off a cliff, definitely. And I hope it's a massive cliff and there are sharp rocks at the bottom. I'd kiss Tamlin because for all his faults, Feyre did like kissing him at one point so he's the best option. And I'd marry the King of Hybern (even though I've not got his full, horrible story) because of the power in the position and I'd pull a Feyre move whilst married to him and turn his people against him, maybe form a rebellion and become a loved queen for overthrowing a tyrant. Can a queen overthrow her king? *looks at Red Queen* yes, I think they can, very craftily.

Mor, Amren, Nesta -

Daaaaamn. No, actually, this one is easy. I'd definitely marry Amren (man, I love her so much). I'd kiss Mor because who DOESN'T want to kiss Mor? And I'd push Nesta off a cliff because of how awful she was to Feyre in the first book and I hope it's a really small cliff that she can find her back to the top of and kick me across Prythian for it just so I could be blessed with her wrath. I have a thing for wanting to see the kick-ass side of females come out.

So there! I literally had to sit thinking of some of these for ten minutes because they were so hard. But I definitely want to do more book-themed games like this. Send me any suggestions on Twitter @ShaneDReid!

Also, I'll be posting two reviews on here as well either tonight or tomorrow, one for Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven, and one for a theater show I went to see called Wonderland so look out for them if you're a fan of either, or debating whether to read/watch either one!

No comments:

Post a Comment