Sunday 9 December 2018

A New Blog Set-Up

It's come to my attention that I like blogging but I don't do it very much. A lot of attributes to that is sitting at my laptop, pondering what I'm writing, and thinking, "Do you people really care?"

Here's the answer:

They might not but I can still write out into the world anyway.

I could be the best writer, or the worst writer, and people still may not care. Why? They might genuinely not care what I'm reading/thinking/writing, or they just don't have the time. Which is all fine! I just felt like that kept hindering my motivation to blog as much as I'd like.

Looking back on past book reviews, I saw a lack of structure. A lack of discipline to how I wrote them. For one, they were going on about three-four pages long. Nobody wants to read a review that long, I imagine, unless they are genuinely interested.

For now, I want to write a book review at least once a month, starting this month. On top of that, I'll be doing Shane's Book of the Month. I might review other things but for now, I'm sticking to what I know in books. I'll also be editing some of past reviews so look out for them! The BotM will be posted on the last day of the month (save for November's, which is going up today), and any reviews will be a Sunday!

If you have anything in particular you'd like to see me write about, holler at me over at @ShaneDReid or email me at shanedorian98@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment